In Jan 2018 Facebook returned to a “meaningful interactions” algorithm of family and friends, showing fewer public posts from business, brands and media.
Commenting and sharing are more important than likes and clicks. More comments = more distribution. Content must spark conversation through relevant, local and timely topics that add value to users lives and encourage opinions.
Posts that gain icon clicks, especially the “heart”- loving icon, will also provide a boost.
Build Organic Reach:
- Complete your Facebook business profile page. Keep it updated.
- Place your FB business page name in the business description on your personal page.
- Share your Facebook (and all social media) posts FROM YOUR BLOG on your website!
- Invite clients and prospects to your page and ask them to designate you as a “See First” contact.
- Post live video to gain 6 times more interaction than regular video: Ex. touring homes, features/finishes/fixtures/lighting, yards, celebrations, closings, local business/restaurant profiles, vendor profiles, Thank-you’s and shout-outs, team profiles, your pets.
- Make your posts relevant, provide news or info of a local researched-backed nature and worthy of comments, conversation and shares.
- Use location to maximize posts. Include back-links.
- Use good imagery and captions.
- Ask Questions.
- In general. Live video or video of 30 seconds garners the most discussion among viewers.
- Think of timing for scheduling posts when most users are online.
- Stay on top of your FB messaging.
- Follow influencers hoping they follow back and share your posts.
- Join Facebook Groups, interact and form your own group.
Publish content that inspires users to comment, start conversations, encourage replies and tag their friends. Become a trustworthy source. Then ENGAGE, answer comments, start convo's.
Erika Burke is a Digital Marketer and founder of Scribe415 - A digital real estate marketing & branding agency.
#scribe415 #branding #websitedesigner #girlboss #content #socialmediamarketing #2018marketinggoals #marketing #digital marketing #socialmedia #contentmarketing #onlinemarketing #branding #smallbusiness #marketingtips #socialmediatips #seo #marketingdigital #entrepreneur #business #socialmediamarketingmanager #ghostblogger