Everyone wants to show up in a search. How do you get it today? SEO has changed.
Here's 15 things to do:
1. WEBSITE STEP ONE-Have a personal or business website, so it is indexed and crawlers identify your site.
2. CONTENT-Make it rich with high quality content and relevant backlinks. Add video. Create a blog and push to social media from there.
3. SECURITY-Make your website a secure SSL site https:// instead of http:// to bring your Google ranking higher.
4. RANKING-Use related keywords to your business.
5. TITLES-Make your meta descriptions inviting (write great titles) to get click through's which are more important than ranking.
6. POP-UP'S-If done well, don't interrupt ranking. Make them smaller, unobtrusive with content relevant to your visitors.
7. KEYWORDS-Use them, but not in a gratuitous way. Focus instead on high quality content for your user. Hire a writer.
8. META TAGS-Make your headlines 4-9 words using few keywords, informing your reader. Don't keyword 'stuff'. Keep important concepts in your headlines at the top of site pages.
9. HOME PAGE-Make a balanced inviting home page for a good first impression, clarifying your business.
10. SIZE-Larger sites don't necessarily rank better. Each page needs to be compelling, so readers want to read it.
11. ANALYTICS-Check your site analytics for page load time, bounce rate, time on page, page views per visit and scrolling habits. Then improve or delete.
12. GO LOCAL-LOCAL SEO matters a lot! Get a Google "My Business Page", unlock and verify it to show up in search traffic.
13. IMAGE NAMES-Name your images with a name that identifies the image. Use BMP, GIF JPEG, PNG, WebP, SVG so that Google can index them.
14. MOBILE-Optimize your website for mobile so that it can be read on whatever device is being used.
15. DIY-Raise your SEO yourself, with planning. Use remarkable content. It's about your searchers experience for quality, relevancy and ease of movement through your website.
Erika Burke is the Founder, Marketing & Creative Director and Content Writer at Scribe415 - A Creative Agency
#scribe415 #branding #websitedesigner #content #socialmediamarketing #ecommerce #igotit #yougotit #goforit @scribe415