When thinking about branding your business, product or service, think old school. Coca Cola, Ivory Soap, Chevrolet. When you think of them right away an image comes to mind. A slogan or tagline follows. That’s branding!
Ask yourself questions and drill down your answers to be simple and direct.
1. What is your message? What do you want to tell people?
2. Who is your customer or audience? How do they communicate, what are their likes and dislikes? Craft your content directly to them.
3. Need a Logo and Tagline? Find a few logos you like for sample style, choose colors that are in line with your business. Sum up your business in 1 sentence, now cut it down to 3-5 words, that’s a tagline.
4. Complete a creative brief, an outline with specific questions geared toward helping you specifically define your marketing goals, which will act as a guide for all future marketing projects.
5. Take your logo, tag line, and message and splash it everywhere. On your website, in social media, on business cards, stationary, in your advertising. You and your message will have a specific identity that reflects your story!
You had an idea when you began your business and the passion to make it grow. Keeping it going, being willing to refresh & re-group keeps your business and your marketing program current. It's never to late to tell your story anew.